Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4, 2009: We are Yankee Doodle Dandies!



Next to Halloween, and Christmas, The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I just love seeing the whole nation gathered in honoring our great country. Politics seem to fall out the window for the day, and everyone is unified in remembering our Founding Father's and all those who sacrificed to make this country great. The Stratton Family salutes you America! When our Ancestors entered this country they promised to stand by you even during hard times. We will continue to honor that promise in hopes that your greatness can shine through once again.



In celebration of our Country's Birthday my family stayed true to our tradition of going out on the boat.





The twins got some fancy new life vests. I wanted something for them to wear to ease my mind a little. Recently on the news we've heard of boat that capsized on Utah Lake. People underestimate this lake all the time. When the wind picks up it gets some huge waves going.




We all had fun playing around in the water. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to swim in Utah Lake and not die.

Craig took a little slip while he was trying to jump in. He grudgingly reposed so I could get a picture.



On the Fourth my mom got us free tickets to Stadium of Fire. I wasn't too stoked about the Jonas Brothers, but SheDaisy was really good. And Glen Beck did an awesome job hosting. And, of course, the fireworks were wonderful!



The giant flag, that was made for Stadium of Fire, was flown that night for the first time. They later retired it, a ceremony that always brings tears to my eyes.



The Jonas Brothers aren't necessarily a favorite of mine, but I have to say, "They can get a crowd of mostly teenage girls going." That is why Craig suggested the boys wear ear plugs.



I hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth! Its always great to have an excuse to sit back and remember what makes this country great!



http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124954&id=765058202&l=b015869b9e

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. That's cool you got to go to the Stadium of Fire aka Jonas Brothers concert. 10 year old girls all over the country are jealous of you. : ) I love the little outfits in the last picture. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt a little privelaged to go to something that people are fanatics over ;)
    Thanks! Those outfits are my fave's. I love the patriotic stuff. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete