Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



I have always loved and admired the mother's in my life. Young, old, friends, family. . .whatever form they come in they have always been such incredible influences, and I appreciate all their love and advice.

This post is specifically for my mom. I first need to thank her for coming at the drop of a dime last weekend to take care of the boys while I laid in bed sick all day. I've always loved that I can turn to my parents no matter what. Whether it's early in the morning or late at night they are always there if I need help.

Becoming a mom has helped me to appreciate even more what my mom did for me, and what she still does for me. As I look at all the struggles she has gone through I have come to realize just how noteworthy a person she is. She has endured things I hope I never have to. Yet, if I do, she'll be there with the right thing to say. I wish I had taken more advantage of my mom's experience and advice as I was growing up. When no one else understands how I feel I know she does. And its a comfort to know that when I act badly she knows me well enough to not let those actions define me.

I love you mom! Thank you for everything! And to all you mom's out there Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment