Thursday, May 20, 2010

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf!

Fear of dogs is an emotion I may never understand. I understand it to be a real fear, but I myself just cannot relate. My children don't seem to have this fear either. They pounce on our dog with such glee and joy and they don't flinch at all when she gives them a warning nip- she knows not to bite them hard thankfully. That's why I was shocked to see the awkward, screaming child doing a sideways crawl away from my brother's dog. Yes, Little H was terrified of the pooch we all know as Buddy. He's a harmless dog. A little obnoxious, but quite harmless. But every time he'd come into little H's view. . .Oh boy. . .he'd let you know he was displeased.

So, judging from the above story, can you guess the reaction that would come when this little dog strolled into our yard?



Believe it or not. . .



This is a pic of Little H wanting a boost so he can get closer to the dog.



She licked them, she got in their faces and not once did these two show any dislike or fear at all. They even hitched a little ride.



This dog is extremely calm and gentle. I wish we could have one :) And she was excellent with the twins. She even brought along a little lab of a friend who was very social and liked to lick. I thought that Little H might dislike this dog since it acted more like Buddy, but he seemed fine with her.

P.S. The dogs owners were with them the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment