Monday, May 17, 2010

May 15, 2010: What a Day for a Car Show!

The sun was high, the weather was good and my Dad and I were headed to the annual UVU car show up at Thanksgiving Point. They moved it up to Thanksgiving Point a few years ago because it was getting too big for the UVU campus. I haven't been since the move, but I was definitely going to make it this year. The only downfall was that Craig couldn't come, but I had fun sharing something special with my boys, and a Daddy/Daughter date is always nice- he even paid ;)

Some Highlights










Some of Kaden's Picks




He called these the Bumblebee cars. I tried to explain that they looked like Bumblebee but Bumblebee was actually a Camaro, not a Plymouth, and we'd try to find an actual Bumblebee. No such luck though.



Some of My Dad's Picks






And mine. . .

I had to get a pic of the boys by my absolute favorite car. The 1967 Camaro. Isn't she beautiful? Sadly we never found my Dad's Camaro. His is a 1970 a hard one to come by. He actually owned one, and wishes all the time he had kept it.



Not a fan of Mustangs, but the Cobra definitely earns my respect.



I sort of have a thing for Pontiacs. Maybe because my first car was a Pontiac, or maybe because they built the first muscle car ever. Ladies and gentlemen the 1964 GTO.



Wish my Buick looked like this. I think I'll take our gas mileage though :)



My nephew made this Lego airplane and Big H somehow got his hands on it. He started blowing raspberries and making plane sounds. I thought, "Wow he knows what it is!" Then today he did the same thing with a toy whale. Guess it's just how he plays with toys.



We'll end with the car of cars. The Chevy Corvette. No matter what the year it's an impressive car- we'll excuse that little bit in the late 80's early 90's most cars had ugly body styles then anyway.

1 comment:

  1. wow some of those are incredible! I love the first one myself~ VW buses are the cutest vehicle EVER

    ReplyDelete